Thursday, June 26, 2014

He's here!!

Welcome to the world Connor Leon!

June 12, 2014 - 3:32pm  6lbs 9 oz  19 inches

Dean and I are blessed to be Connor's parents.  We just never imagined he would be here so soon or that his birth story would be such an adventure!

Dean was asked to attend a work conference in Hawaii.  Since the conference fell during my 36th week of pregnancy, we thought he would be able to go and come back with plenty of time before Connor made his debut.  My mom flew up to spend the week with me so that I would have help with Daisy.  Little did we know that Dean would return from Hawaii a dad!

On Thursday, June 12th, Mom and I were sitting in the living room when I started to feel some sharp pain.  We started timing the pains at 1:40pm.  There was no pattern to the pains.  Sometimes they were 8 minutes apart, sometimes 3.  After calling the doctor and being told to keep tracking for another hour, I quickly realized that I couldn't wait that long.  We called them back and headed to the doctor's office where they could monitor me and the baby.  When the doctor checked on the progress she said, "call an ambulance, but I think we will have a baby before they get here!"  I do not know how many people shoved themselves into the little examination room, but everyone was excited and wanted to help out.  At 3:32pm, Connor was born!  The very first baby ever born at that doctor's office!

We were loaded into an ambulance and taken to the hospital.  Connor certainly knows how to make an entrance.  Everyone we talked to at the hospital had already heard his story.  I think our son is going to keep us on our toes, but we are up for the challenge!  We love you sweet boy!
Reunited!!

Aloha!  Daddy meeting Connor!
Ready to go home!
Newborn outfits are big!
Happy Family!
Grandmama and Grandpapa with Connor!
Handsome Boy!
Hi Everybody!
Connor has a lot to smile about!
I'm not sleepy yet!

No comments: