Friday, April 19, 2013

A Long Week

Monday was a mess.  After our lunch time walk, Daisy came inside and was drooling...a lot!  Daisy never drools so of course me being a first time puppy momma freaks out.  She was acting like normal, but I still thought I should watch her instead of put her in her crate.  So I go back downstairs to work, puppy in tow.  About 10 minutes later I walk into the other room to check on her and find that our little puppy got sick...all over the carpet!  I was on the phone with Dean when I came upon the mess and the conversation went something like this:

Heather: Ew, ew, ew, oh Daisy, poor little pup, ew, ew...
Dean: I'm on my way home

After doing a little clean up we took Daisy to the vet.  Of course they were busy but we decided to wait for the vet anyway.  After about 3 hours of waiting Daisy was able to get checked out.  Her temperature and everything seemed okay so the doctor thinks it's probably something she ate.  They gave her an antibiotic and put her on a bland diet.  Daisy really misses all her treats and especially her peanut butter but we have to get her all better!  We found out today that her dog food was recalled because of Salmonella.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but we have to change that on top of everything else!
The Patient

Tuesday we got a new refrigerator delivered!  I have been wanting a new fridge since we moved in to the house and I am so happy to have one!  Unfortunately the delivery didn't go smoothly.  The fridge was a little too wide to come in our front door, so the delivery guys decided to remove the handles which had big stickers on them that said "avoid removing handles."  That wasn't enough so they also removed the doors.  When they went to put the handles back on, they ended up stripping the screws, so now we are waiting on new handles.  They wanted to take the whole fridge back with them and we talked them into leaving it.  Even though one handle is loose and the freezer handle is missing, I still love our new fridge!

Our new fridge!  Well, at least one door during the install
The weather has been lovely.  Windy, but lovely.  We worked in our yard last weekend which was a first for us.  It is a lot of hard work, but it feels nice to have our own piece of land and we are proud of it.

Our first bloom!
 The Braves are doing awesome!!  We still watch every game and cheer on the best team in baseball!  Daisy is learning how to chop and making us proud. 

Enjoying the weather at the park.

No comments: