Saturday, March 10, 2012

March Madness

No, the title of this post is not about basketball, but...GO VCU!!  CAA Champions!!!  WOOHOO!

The madness describes our crazy lives lately.  Dean's conference and interview in California went well!  He has been working on a paper and his thesis to finish things up.  Tomorrow he flies up to NY for his interviews with IBM.  Yes, interviews!  He interviews at the Fishkill, NY location on Monday and at the Burlington, VT location on Wednesday.  On Tuesday he will drive from NY to VT.  At both of the interviews he has to have a 45 minute presentation prepared so that the interviewers can learn more about his work and what he has to offer them as an employee.  He has been working really hard on his presentation and I know he will do great!

While Dean has been completely focused on all the things he needs to do, I have been dealing with some issues.  First, I have been working on a project at work for a while now and have not been able to completely fix the problem.  Last week I finally was able to get some help on the project and I hope to finish it up soon.  Unfortunately I have spent a little too much time stressing out over this project that I have experienced side effects.  I went to the doctor for pain in my neck and shoulder.  The doctor told me it was caused by stress and referred me to a Physical Therapist.  I can honestly say that nothing has stressed me out more than being told I was stressing out!  Long story short, I'm going to PT twice a week, I'm no longer in pain, and I feel like I can deal with the things stressing me out a little better now. 

Last weekend Dean and I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity.  We installed insulation in the morning.  After lunch Dean worked on siding while I painted the siding he put up.  This week I have been working late and dealing with a cold.  I think I am almost over the cold now which will help me focus a lot more.  I also will be holding down the fort until Thursday, so it would be best to do that while I'm completely healthy! 

On Friday I am flying up to Richmond to spend the weekend with my parents, in-laws and some friends.  It seems like it's been a long time since Christmas, so it will be nice to visit.  This also gives Dean a quiet apartment to work all weekend.  No matter how quiet I try to be while he is working, I still make a good bit of noise and I am sure I cause a few distractions.

I'm not sure what the weeks after next will hold.  But I do know where we will be on Friday, April 13th at 7pm...BRAVES HOME OPENER!!!!  I am super super excited for baseball season and I cannot wait to watch as many Braves games as I can!  GO BRAVES!!  :-)

No comments: