Thursday, July 15, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Happy Birthday Mamaw! (6/21)
Happy 1st Birthday Caleb! (6/23)
Happy Anniversary Jerry & Jaime! (6/25)
Happy Birthday Rachel! (6/26)
Happy Anniversary Jami & Michelle! (7/12)
Happy Anniversary David & Lisa! (7/12)
Happy Birthday Me! (7/12)
Happy Birthday Dean! (7/13)
Happy Anniversary Brian & Anne! (7/14)
Happy Birthday Lisa N.! (7/15)

I know I know, I have really been lacking in my commitment to the blog! We have just been having too much fun and celebrating too much for me to take time to post, but...here it goes:

July 4th -
Dean and I headed up to his Grandad's cabin near Wytheville, VA. We went part of the way on a Thursday night and the rest on Friday morning. We got to spend some time with Dean's family. We ate, played Horseshoes and watched fireworks. Every night we went to Bald Rock and watched the sunset over the valley. Such beautiful scenery at the cabin!

On Sunday morning we headed to West Virginia to visit my family. We cooked out with Mom's family and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows with Dad's side. Roasting marshmallows reminded me of being a kid and we had so much fun! Dean and I set out for home Monday night with the intention of stopping half way home. Well...we got the idea of sleeping in our own bed in our heads and we ended up driving the whole 8-9 hours that night. We got home at 4am and boy was it worth it!

Since we woke up in Atlanta on Tuesday and I had already taken the day off, we decided to head downtown and take in some sights. We went to the CNN center for lunch and a stop at the Braves Clubhouse store! We spent the afternoon at the aquarium where I got to pet a shark!! It was a pretty small little guy, but still, it was exciting! The sea turtle was a little shy, the baby otters were asleep and the penguins were active. Dean got one to dance for me! We saw an exhibit about sharks, the beautiful Beluga Whales and tons and tons of fish.

Birthday Weekend-
Last weekend, Lorie and David came down to Atlanta. David has since started working at AMI with me! We had a party on Saturday where we played Nertz, board games and had a fun time! They came with us to church on Sunday then we watched the World Cup and invited Rebecca and Matt over for more fun and games. It was a very fun weekend.

My Birthday-
On Monday I celebrated my birthday at work. It was a pretty stress-free work day. A group of us went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I got a free dessert. The staff sang to me and even my co-workers chimed in. I got to come home to my wonderful husband which is always a great present! He took me to Smokey Bones for dinner which is an awesome BBQ restaurant. I opened my cards that were sent to me at dinner and my present from Dean. He finally got the hint that I wanted him to fix my locket that he gave me our first Christmas together. It had lost it's shine, the latch was broken and our pictures were faded. Dean fixed it up and it looked like new!

Dean's Birthday-
I let Dean sleep in a little before I woke him up with a mini breakfast in bed. I also gave him one of his presents, a video game. Dean spent all day playing his game while I went in to work. After work I made Dean Cincinnati Chili and we watched the All Star Game. The National League won!!!! And...our Braves catcher was the MVP! GO BRAVES!!

This week-
We celebrated again last night by going on a spontaneous date night! We went to dinner and to see the movie, Despicable Me in 3D. It was a really good movie and we had a great time!

The Braves are back from their All Star break so we are watching them tonight. We will be at the game tomorrow night! Have I mentioned that the Braves are #1 in their division??? Yes, we are extremely excited! :-)

Thank you for all the birthday cards, calls and wishes! We feel really loved and blessed!

No comments: