Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Big Surprise!

Happy Anniversary Mike & Rachel! (7/17)
Happy Birthday Mom! (7/21)
Welcome to the world Jameson! (7/21) Jameson is the son of my cousin Marshall and his wife Pam!
Happy Birthday Ryan E! (7/23)
Happy Birthday Jason! (7/25)

On Wednesday, July 21st, my mom celebrated a pretty big birthday. I will not mention it here, but it's one that you can find a special card for with the number on it! I wanted to do something special, so I used my frequent flier miles to fly up on her birthday and surprise her. The round trip ticket which would have cost ~ $700 only cost me $5!! I arranged for Dad to pick me up at Richmond International. We drove to church where my mom works and made our way to the commons area outside of my mom's office without being detected. I called Mom and our conversation went something like this:

Mom: "Hello?"
Heather: "Happy Birthday Mom!"
M: "Thank you, sweetheart!"
H: "Have you received your surprise yet?"
M: "No, I haven't"
H: "Maybe you should check outside. It looks like it should have arrived"
M: "I don't see anything"

Mom then opens her office door and starts towards the outside door.

H: "Happy Birthday, Mom!"

Mom looked at me, her mouth flew open in shock and she couldn't speak! Then, she screams and comes over and hugs me tight! She was so shocked and surprised to see me! It was the best birthday gift I could have given her! We spent all day doing whatever she wanted. We went to lunch with Derrick, the pastor, and his son, Joshua. We went shopping at Kohls (our favorite) and the mall. We didn't buy a thing, but it was so much fun!! We had dinner with Dad and I flew back the same day. It was a whirlwind trip, but so very much worth it!

Mom doesn't love this picture, but I just have to share it!

















Dean and I are enjoying our summer. We have a busy August coming up, so we are happy for the relaxing weekend this week and another one next!

1 comment:

Sara said...

YAY! I can just hear Aunt Weez's scream :-) She has the best laugh and scream ever!