Happy Birthday Geoff! (5/21)
Happy 9th Birthday Isabella! (5/24)
Happy Anniversary Matt & Lisa (5/27)
Happy Birthday Mama Jane & Aunt Jean! (5/29)
Happy Birthday Josh! (6/1)
Happy Birthday Uncle Peaches! (6/4)
Happy Birthday Pap! (6/5)
Happy Anniversary Matt & Tatiana! (6/7)
Happy Birthday Sarah R! (6/10)
Wow...this is an extremely busy time of the year!
Since the last update we have been to 3 Braves games and they have won every single game! I think we are good luck! The Braves are also number one in their divisions! WOOHOO! There's a lot of things to be happy about around here!
On May 21st, we took a trip home to Richmond. It was raining when we got to the airport, so Dean decided to be a gentleman and let me off at the underground drop off with all the bags. I would then check in, he would park and run inside and meet up with me. So I get let off. I'm toting a huge suitcase, two bookbags (one with a laptop) and my purse. I went up an elevator where Dean let me off and I ended up on the wrong side of the upstairs (uncovered) drop off. I have to run, in the pouring down rain, with all of our bags, across two sets of 4-5 lane traffic to the airport. Needless to say, I am soaked! I call Dean after I check in and he is in the car waiting for a break in the rain. He got a really good parking spot and got inside with a few drops on his shirt. Our plan ended up being delayed for several hours. By the time we got on the plane, my socks and shoes had dried. (We found out later that there is a way to get to the airport without going outside. Dean says it's my fault for not finding it and I say it's his fault for not letting me out right in front of the tunnel I could have used to stay dry!)
We make it to Richmond, but we are late for Dean's brother's birthday party and our future sister-in-law's graduation party. (Way to go, Jenny!!) We did, however, have cake!
On Saturday we each got to hang out with our parents and then went to see the marriage of one of Dean's high school friends, JJ to Andrea. We had a lot of fun and the couple looked so happy! Somehow we even managed to throw a friend get-together in the mix! What a great time!
The next weekend, my wonderful in-laws came to visit! On Friday we were headed to the Braves game when the sky opened up and the car was pelted by hail. The hail turned to rain as we made our way to the stadium. The rain turned to a torrential downpour as we parked in the parking lot. At one point we found ourselves in the middle of a pond that was forming! We were finally able to get to the game. After a short rain delay at the beginning of the 9th inning, we were able to see the Braves win!

On Saturday we surprised Mama Jane with a balloon and flowers. We hit up a craft show and did some shopping at REI. Sunday was a nice breakfast at the GT hotel before church and then dropping the family off at the airport.
Monday was Memorial Day! We remembered the fallen soldiers by attending a ceremony before the Braves game. After the Braves won, we stayed for a concert by the Beach Boys!!! They did an amazing job! They sang a ton of songs, of which, Dean knew 6. I guess he didn't grow up on the Oldies as I did! (Thanks, Mom & Dad!)
I can't believe it's June already! Last weekend I flew up to Baltimore to spend the weekend with my awesome friend, Lorie. We had so much fun just being able to hang out together again! Lorie showed me around Baltimore. We had some awesome food (including gelato!!), a fun boat ride, and a great time wandering around Johns Hopkins University. We didn't get into too much trouble. I did have a duck encounter at the Inner Harbor. We were minding our own business walking down the sidewalk when a duck flies right in front of my face, so close that his wing brushes my cheek! I don't know what I did to deserve that!
While I was off having a wonderful weekend, poor Dean was sitting at home working on a paper that's due tomorrow. I know he at least took one break though. When I got home, from a very very long time on the plane (sitting on the tarmac at both airports for a half hour to an hour), I got flowers!!
This week has been a blur. Dean's been up late working on his paper and I've been up late watching the Braves. I can't help it, I'm a HUGE fan! I'm hoping to get to bed on time tonight, but I'm not sure about Dean. Wish him luck! He needs one more paper (hopefully this one) to be published at a big conference. This paper will also be a part of his proposal and thesis, so it's a big one!
What's next? Well, good question. I plan on relaxing a LOT this weekend. There's a yard sale at church on Saturday and a BBQ cookoff. We are definitely looking forward to that! I'm trying to plan our 4th of July trip. We want to head up to Dean's grandparent's cabin in Wytheville, VA and stop by West Virginia to see my grandparents.
I hope you have enjoyed this super long post. That's what I get for being too busy to update!
No comments:
Post a Comment