Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun!

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We had some amazing food, great family time and tons of friends! I spoil my husband a lot, but so does his family! Here's Dean with one of his favorites, coconut cream pie. But, there was not only one coconut cream pies, but two! Dean's brother, Geoff, has the other. The picture of him wasn't as flattering, so I didn't post that one. You're welcome, Brother!





















The Lewis family likes to celebrate other things when we get together. We celebrated Daddy Roo and Grandad's birthday as well. We also sang a rousing round of "Happy Anniversary" to my parents. I was able to finally give them their anniversary present! For those of you who didn't hear about it, I put together a scrapbook of pictures and letter from friends and family. I ended up with 28 letters. Mom & Dad were so excited and surprised! It was so hard keeping this from them! Here's a picture of the front of the scrapbook. I was mighty pleased with how it turned out. I like to think that I can be crafty when I want to be!
















We had another successful get-together with some of our friends. I think we ended up with 15 or 16 there. Thanks, Laura for hosting at your lovely home. She has a nice sized home but some of us like to get as close as we can when we see each other since we're so far apart from each other most of the year:
















I know I said that my husband is spoiled in the beginning of this post, but I am too! I received not one, but TWO Christmas gifts early this year!! My parents bought me one part of this lovely nativity and my in-laws bought me the other! There are a couple more pieces I hope to collect over the years, but I absolutely fell in love with this nativity scene! I just might have to keep it up year round!
















I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! I am so excited for the Christmas season!

No comments: