Sunday, August 23, 2009

Catching Up

Catching up on celebrations...

Happy Birthday Pam! (8/20)
Happy Birthday Laura! (8/21)
Happy Birthday Beaver! (8/22)

I have to say again that our vacation was wonderful! We had such a relaxing time and really enjoyed the family, the scenery and being about to spend time together outside of the daily grind. Here's a link to some pictures! http://picasaweb.google.com/hmlewis06/TopsailNC?authkey=Gv1sRgCKy-6rmHnqjK4gE&feat=directlink

On Monday I had my six week cleaning at the dentist. I have some fillings that have been around for a long time that were starting to crack. One, they were able to fill. The other, they said it would be best for me to get a crown. I also had a whole in the side of my back tooth that needed to be taken care of. All three teeth were beside each other in the top left of my mouth. They decided they could take care of everything that night. I was at the dentist from 5:30 until 8:00pm!!! Dean even called the dentist office because he wasn't sure what was going on! I have a temporary crown until they make my permanent one and insurance pays their part. They said it should be about 3 weeks. I'm finally able to open my mouth all the way, but I still have an ache in my left cheek sometimes. I'm chewing on my right side and eating small bites. I've never had a crown before so it's a new experience. But I'm apparently a really good dental patient. The dentist kept complimenting me at how well I was doing and all I had to say was, "everyone's gotta be good at something!"

This week I found out about a deadline from our customer in China a few days before the due date!! Keep in mind that China is 12 hours ahead of us, so my time was even shorter. With the help of some of my coworkers, I was able to get the job done a day before the deadline! That made me feel a lot better!

Friday night Dean and I went to the Braves game. We had to sit through a 2 hour or so rain delay, but we're big fans so we did it. There were not that many people left after the delay, so they said we could sit wherever we wanted to! Dean and I went right behind home plate! I have never been that close at Turner Field! I was excited! The Braves ended up losing, but we still had a good time. Here's some pictures!

There's a devoted fan! Wait, that's me! :-)














Dean's a devoted fan too! Look how close we are!!














We could wave at McCann. He was a little focused on other things though.














My sticker says "Filet the Fish." We're playing the Marlins.














We've had a relaxing weekend. We're heading to Richmond Thursday night. My friend Amber is getting married! Yay!! Thursday night is the Bachelorette Party, Friday is rehearsal and Saturday is the big day! I'm looking forward to being in her wedding party!

Also Friday will mark my 3 year anniversary of working at AMI! It's hard to believe I've been there that long. Too bad I won't be there to celebrate it since we'll be in Richmond!

1 comment:

Laura said...

thanks for the bday wishes! I also went to a baseball game in the lovely rain this past weekend....I went to the Nationals/Brewers...not quite as cool as the Braves, but whatcha gonna do?? Hope you are doing well :)