Thursday, January 29, 2009

D.A.T.E

Ever since Dean got back to Atlanta after his co-op in New York at IBM, I always knew there would be conferences and workshops that he would have to attend. They normally last several days and I'm okay with that after surviving 7 months without him home. He was telling me about this one workshop, D.A.T.E. He said it stood for Design, Automation and Test, but he didn't know what the "E" stood for. Well, yesterday he found out. When he told me, the conversation when a little like this:

Dean: I have some exciting news!
Heather: What's that?
Dean: You know that workshop called D.A.T.E that I was telling you about?
Heather: Yeah
Dean: Well, I found out what the "E" stood for?
Heather: Cool! What?
Dean: Europe!!!

So the week after my cousin's wedding (thank goodness!) in April, Dean will be heading to Nice, France! He said it will only be for a few days.

Not exactly sure how I feel about this yet. I'm excited and scared and worried and jealous! Maybe I'll pack myself in his luggage...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you pack yourself in his bag, I WILL BE SCARED & WORRIED. I wouldn't be jealous because I certainly don't want to fly over the ocean!!! I know it would be a wonderful opportunity for both of you, but I may need to be drugged for several days!!