Monday, August 19, 2013

Anniversary Trip to Maine!

On August 5th Dean and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary!!  7 years seems like a long time but time flies when you are having fun!  I love you, Dean, and am so proud to be your wife!


We decided to take a long weekend road trip to Portland, Maine to celebrate.  We loaded up the car with our things and Daisy and headed east! 

The main reason why we picked Portland, Maine is because my favorite lighthouse is Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth.  It is beautiful!!  Let me just say that it did not disappoint!  The lighthouse and the shoreline are stunning!  Dean and Daisy rock hopped on the shoreline while I sat and watched my lighthouse.  I can't even tell you how happy I was to be there after all of these years!






While in Portland, Dean tried a couple lobster dishes.


We took a tour of Portland by trolley and some some sights like where Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was born and lived.  We also took a sunset lighthouse cruise where we saw lighthouses, the Casco Bay Islands, and harbor seals!






We saw a total of 6 lighthouses!

Bug Light
Spring Point Ledge
Ram Island
Portland Head!!
Twin Lights

Portland was a really nice city!  We had a wonderful trip and came home with a completely worn out pup.  She did a wonderful job for her first time in a hotel, on a trolley and on a boat!  She is really growing up!


We had 2 really good family pictures on our trip!  Enjoy!



1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful photos, looked almost like a postcard!