Thursday, December 06, 2012

Settling In

Thanksgiving was wonderful!  We were able to make it to Richmond and spend some quality time with the family.  We had Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixin's and a little pre-dinner entertainment from the lovely German Shepherd, Peaches.  She was banished upstairs during dinner but still found a way to be the life of the party.  The upstairs overlooks the living room.  Peaches loves to chew her tennis ball between the railings above the living room and sometimes the ball tends to slip out of her mouth and on to unsuspecting people below.  Because of this, Dean took all the balls away from the Shepherd when he left her upstairs.  While we were filling our plates in the other room we heard a commotion from Dean's aunt.  Here's what she found (lovingly displayed by Mama Jane):


Yes, Peaches found a baseball stashed somewhere in the upstairs bedrooms and found a way to join the party.  Got to love that silly Shepherd.

We were sad that Thanksgiving flew by but were excited to get back and move in to our house!  On Monday they packed and loaded everything.  On Tuesday they filled our house with boxes.  I felt like an air traffic controller telling the moving guys where to take all of the boxes.  Within and hour and a half our house was full of boxes.


It felt like we were surrounded by boxes FOREVER, but actually by the weekend we went from boxes to piles of paper to piles of things all over the house.


I am amazed with the amount of things we had in our little apartment in Atlanta.  I didn't know we owned so much stuff!  But slowly everything is finding it's way into place.

Of course during the whole move we had our first snow.  It is so pretty watching the snow fall.  I know I will probably get use to it at some point but every time I see snow I yell to Dean, "It's Snowing!!!!"


We LOVE our house!  Even though we still have to try multiple light switches to find the right one and open all the cabinets to find what we need in the kitchen we are so happy to have our home.

No comments: