We have less than 2 weeks left in Atlanta. How crazy is that? I have been here for almost 6 years (Dean 7 years) and in less than 2 weeks we will be saying goodbye to this wonderful city. There are a ton of things we will miss about Atlanta, but we are both excited for what is waiting for us in Vermont!
July started off with a lot of fireworks! We went to see the Braves on both the 3rd and the 4th. We have 2 more home games to go to before we leave. It's going to be tough. The Braves are the number one thing that I will miss. I know they are in Dean's top 5 too!
I was absolutely spoiled on my birthday. Dean had a cookie cake and flowers sent to my work. He also came up to my work to take me to lunch! My coworkers decorated my desk with tons and tons of candy! I received some birthday spending money and I got some awesome hiking boots that will come in handy in Vermont!
Of course Dean was spoiled on his birthday as well. He got a ton of Reese's and I took him out to his favorite Mexican restaurant. He also got some birthday spending money!
We have been doing pretty well beating the heat this July. We did however take in part of a tennis tournament that was being held here in Atlanta. It was fun to watch the match, but it was HOT!!
On Friday Dean will be defending his thesis. I took the day off so that I can pace the floor outside the conference room waiting to hear Dean tell me he passed! He is completely prepared for the defense and just wants it all to be over. Please send up some prayers for him at 2pm on Friday.
Plans are starting to come together for the move. We have a short term place in Vermont all lined up. The movers will be packing up our apartment on August 2nd and moving everything on August 3rd. We will probably be heading for Richmond on August 6th.
My final day at work is August 3rd. My boss asked me if I was willing to continue working for AMI but remotely from Vermont. We spent a good bit of time working out the details, but we finally came to an agreement this week. I am excited about being able to keep my job. I am definitely going to miss my coworkers, but it will be nice to still feel connected to them in some way. I have been working this week setting up a new laptop for me to work from. It hasn't gone smoothly, but we are getting there!
Please keep us in your prayers! There is still a lot to do! We are sad about what we are leaving, but we are excited about what is ahead of us. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment