August 2011
On
August 5th, we celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage! We decided to
take a long weekend trip to Savannah, Ga! We walked along the River
Walk, ate at some yummy restaurants in City Market and enjoyed some of
the parks in the city.
| Talmadge Bridge. We loved having this bride in the background of our trip because my grandfather's name was Talmadge, so it made him feel close to us! |
![]() |
| Forsyth Park. At the end of this long walk between trees filled with Spanish Moss is a beautiful fountain. |
![]() |
| Sapphire Grill. This is where we had our anniversary dinner and they gave us a special dessert! |
![]() | ||||||
| Savannah Candy Kitchen. We spent way too much time here! They gave out free samples of Pralines and Taffy. Can't go wrong there! It also didn't help that we could see this place from our hotel room! |
While we were in Savannah, we decided to head over to Tybee Island for the day. It was a beautiful beach and we had a lot of fun. The Tybee Island Lighthouse was a lot of fun to walk up. The one downside of the trip...I got my first ever sting by a jellyfish. It stung a LOT and itched for about a week. I still can see the mark from where it wrapped around my arm!
| Tybee Island Lighthouse. So pretty! |
![]() |
| Jellyfish Sting. Here's the mark left by the jellyfish a few hours after it stung me. The top line wraps around to the other side of my arm! |
We also were able to attend the Braves game when they retired ex-manager Bobby Cox's number. It was a lot of fun and we got to see a lot of the old Braves!
| Number 6. Here is his retired number along with the others. You can see Tom Glavine (47), Greg Maddox (31), and Dale Murphy (3) in this shot. |
We also went to Birmingham, AL for a night to see one of my coworkers get married. We had a great time visiting a new city and state!
I also took a solo trip to Richmond so that I could ride with my parents up to WV to see my grandmother who has been suffering with a Thoracic Compression Fracture. We were able to clean her house for her, make sure she ate lots of yummy food and spend quality time watching movies. I also got to meet and hold 3 of my newest cousins! I do love my family time!
August 28th marked my 5th anniversary at AMI! There wasn't a lot of fanfare at work, but it sure was a special milestone for me! I am suppose to get an AMI jacket and an extra week vacation! I can certainly use that!
I hope to update later about our September so far! Dean and I are both super busy at work. Dean is getting closer and closer to being done with his PhD! There's still tons to do, so he is super busy. I also have a pretty major project at work. It will probably take me until the end of the year to get it completed, but I am up for it!




No comments:
Post a Comment