Monday, March 21, 2011

FIRST!

On Saturday Dean and I went to the FIRST Robotics Peachtree Regional. FIRST (which stands for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is a competition where high schoolers from around the area build robots to complete a certain task. Dean was involved in FIRST in high school and was a mentor one year in college. One of our church members is a teacher at a local high school and is a sponsor of their FIRST team. Dean went to check out their robot one Saturday so we were invited to the competition. It was so cool! I enjoyed learning about the competition and watching all of the kids have so much fun! There were a lot of girls on the teams and I was proud of them! The team we were rooting for were on the alliance (group of 3 teams) that came in second! YAY!!

On Sunday we actually watched a little bit of basketball! VCU is now in the Sweet 16! It is the first time they have ever progressed this far! GO RAMS!! I would also like it to be known that my bracket is currently in FIRST among my coworkers! They are all a little upset with me right now, but I think it's GREAT! :-D!

2 comments:

Mom said...

You go daughter!!
Beat the guys!!!

Mom said...

It didn't say it was posted!!!
Oh Well!!! Go VCU