Our favorite part, besides just hanging out with our friends, was visiting NASA's Johnson Space Center! We got to see Mission Control, an astronaut training facility and rockets!
Inside the huge building above was an actual Saturn V rocket! This rocket is 363 feet tall! It was HUGE!!!
This rocket was built to fly, but the mission was canceled because of funding. I can see why. The only part that would return to earth is the cone shaped part at the right of the photo. The rest is either used to get the rocket into space or is left in space.
My wonderful in-laws came down for a visit! We went to the spinning restaurant to catch a good view of the city, visited the Atlanta Botanical Garden and took in a Cirque Du Soliel show! Cirque was amazing! We were so excited to be able to experience this show again! I think our favorite act involved a rock wall, trampolines at the bottom and 6 people "juggling" themselves on the wall. It was so cool!
Last weekend Dean and I went to see a GT Football game! We beat Duke 30-20. It was a gorgeous day for football and the second half was pretty good!
I received some pretty good news this month. I was given a pretty substantial raise at work. In these hard times, I'm thankful that I have a stable and mostly stress free job.
Speaking of being thankful...
Thursday morning we will be heading up to Richmond for Thanksgiving. We are so looking forward to spending the holiday with friends and family. I have been thinking a lot this week about things that I am thankful for. Of course my husband, family and friends top the list. There are also the simple things of a roof over our heads and food in our kitchen. We are so amazingly blessed and I just love that we have a holiday to remind us of this fact. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May you be blessed everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment